How to Choose Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are a very popular accessory worn by celebrities and the everyday woman. Wearing hair extensions has become as common as putting on jewelry or wearing makeup. To achieve different looks, women choose different textures and lengths of hair that complement their facial features and moods. Read on to learn how to choose hair extensions.
1. Determine what hair style that you want to wear. For a curly style, you would choose textured hair. For a glamorous look with curls, choose the wet-and-wavy hair. For a straight look, choose the silky straight, remi or the yaki straight hair.
2. Determine your budget. The cost for hair extensions varies greatly depending on quality, availability and textures. Deciding what your budget well ahead of time helps to avoid any cost surprises and unnecessary expense.
3. Match the hair extension color as close to your natural hair as possible. This makes the weave hair extension appear to be natural and not look like a "wig." For a complimentary color in your hair, choose a streaked or highlighted extension. Apply the color extension highlights subtly to keep the natural look.
4. Shop for quality hair extensions at local beauty supply stores or online beauty supply retailers. Ensure that the retailer, offline or online, specializes in selling hair extensions. Don't purchase hair extensions from suppliers who "happen" to sell hair. The quality won't be the same.
5. Treat hair extensions just as you would natural hair. Take great care to shampoo and gently comb the hair extensions in between uses