How to Style Long Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are an easy way to change your look without having to wait months for your hair to grow out. Here we'll tell you how to style your long hair extensions to their potential.
Things You'll Need:
- Hair-care products
- Flat iron
1. Clip-in hair extensions are the easiest and most versatile. Attach the hair extensions according to the directions. Be sure not to attach them too tightly, or you risk damaging your scalp and real hair.
2. For longer-lasting hair extensions, have them professionally applied by a stylist experienced in hair extensions.
3. Style your new long hair as you would normal long hair. Start with dampened hair and apply a styling product such as a mousse or texturizing spray.
4. Blow-dry your hair as you would normal hair. Make sure that the clip-on hair extensions, if you use them, stay securely fastened and blend with your natural hair.
5. For those with real human hair extensions, use a flat iron or curling iron on your extensions once the hair is dry.
6. Use a small dab of styling wax to tame any flyaway hairs. Coat your hands with the wax and scrunch your hands into both your real hair and the hair extensions to carefully distribute the product.